OUR MISSION: To enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
TITLE: Assistant Site Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Site Supervisor
JOB SUMMARY: Assist the Unit Director in overseeing overall daily operations of a Unit or Extension with primary concern for quality program and service delivery, supervision and training of staff, facilities management, community relations, membership administration and resource development.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Ensure an environment, programs and services that prepare youth for success.
- Act as a role model for members, other program participants and staff.
- Ensure on-going recruitment of members.
- Assist Site Supervisor in planning, developing and implementing Unit or Branch overall programs, services and activities to ensure they meet stated objectives and member needs and interests.
- Ensure compliance with Club policy and procedures.
- Ensure a productive and safe program and work environment.
- Supervise staff, volunteers, interns, and program providers as assigned by the Site Supervisor.
- Assist in maintain required licenses and inspections.
- Develop partnerships with parents, community leaders and organizations.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Develop and maintain public relations to increase the visibility of programs, services and activities within the Club and the community.
- Work with staff on special events to carry out programs in all departments.
- Exercise authority in problems relating to members; utilize guidance and discipline plan.
- Assume other duties as assigned.
Internal: Maintain close contact with the Unit Director, staff and members to interpret and explain organizational mission, program objectives and standards, discuss issues, and provide/receive information.
External: Maintain contact with external community groups, schools, members' parents and others to assist in resolving problems and to publicize Club.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
This position may involve lifting, bending, standing, walking, sitting, talking, hearing, reaching, and grasping. Must be able to demonstrate and/or describe activities to youth. This position works around youth and adults with moderate exposure to noise. This position will work both indoors and outdoors.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or GED, some higher education strongly preferred.
- A minimum of three years’ work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization that plans and supervises activities based on the developmental needs of young people.
- Demonstrated ability in personnel supervision, facilities management, and the retention of key personnel.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to supervise and motivate staff.
- Ability to deal effectively with members and manage behavior challenges.
All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Individuals may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation.
As the direct representative of the Boys and Girls Club of New Rochelle, it is important that you carry yourself in a professional manner. Your mannerisms, conversations and dress must professional and appropriate. If you are going to be late notification must be given to your supervisor at least 2-3 hours in advance. If you will be absent notification must be given to your supervisor at least 48 hours in advance.