The New Remington: At The Heart Of The Lincoln Corridor Revitalization
Our new state-of-the-art Remington Clubhouse will be a cornerstone of the powerful “Renaissance at Lincoln Park” public-private collaboration. It's the first youth development facility built in New Rochelle in over 40 years and, with 22,000 square feet, nearly twice the size of the former Remington.
Allowing us to serve over 700 members, compared to 320 at the old building, this transformative project will offer an environment equipped with learning centers, a gym, basketball court, music/podcast studio, teen room/lounge, STEAM room, cafeteria, and other spaces to anchor the community and nurture our next generation of leaders.
“This new community development is an exciting step forward for New Rochelle, offering affordable high-quality housing, coupled with the most significant new youth services facility in generations”
New Rochelle Mayor Noam Bramson
- 100% workforce and truly mixed-income housing
- 179 studios, one- and two-bedroom apartments
- Households earning 37-80% AMI ($31,191 to $77,041)
- Total rent, including utilities, of $779 to $1,975
- New, state-of-the art Remington Clubhouse
- 22,000 square feet of classrooms, activity/event spaces, offices, kitchen, and sports facilities
- Sustainable design with solar panels to reduce operating costs
- Expanding reach of the club and serving more youth in the community
- Responsive to neighbor complaints of failing drainage and sewer infrastructure
- Complete rebuild of 64 Lincoln Avenue parking and sire infrastructure
- Address Prince Street flooding issues
- Expand public parking facilities for Lincoln Park and BGCNR events and activities
- Introduce professionally managed, covered public parking
- Dedicated bus drop off and waiting area
- Reduce traffic on Prince Street
Community is at the heart of both the Boys & Girls Club of New Rochelle and the Renaissance at Lincoln Park. For over 90 years, we've been growing and changing along with the youth and families we serve, providing kids and teens with nurturing spaces and opportunities for academic, emotional, and social growth.
The new Remington Clubhouse will allow us to serve those who need us most and amplify our positive impact in New Rochelle. But we can't do it without your help. To date, we’ve secured $10 million for Remington’s construction and need another $1 million in 2023 to equip and open it on time. Over the next few years, we seek to raise an additional $4 million to both maintain the facility and position us for future growth.
Join us in strengthening our community and providing local youth with opportunities to learn, grow, and thrive.
BGCNR's Buy A Brick campaign is a special opportunity for our community to be part of the new Remington's foundation and show support for our youth development efforts. Engrave your name, honor a loved one, celebrate a BGNCR alumnus, or share some inspiration.
- Each 2 x 8" brick accommodates up to three lines of text and 60 characters total, including spaces
- Logos or other icons cannot be engraved
- The phrases "In Honor Of" and "In Memory Of" may be used
- Taglines, slogans, or other promotional messaging is not permitted
- Cost is $1,500 per brick
All funds raised will help to purchase equipment and materials for our after-school, enrichment, and summer programming.
Be part of this exciting project by helping to provide transformative experiences for the children and teens who need us most.